Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Endtimes Lundeen Endtimes Lundeen is offline

Default Convert Tiff Documents to Word 2007 Docx

I have a document in PDF and in Tiff format. I want to know how to convert
either of these into a regular, editible, document in Word Professional 2007.
My need is urgent.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:12:01 -0700, Endtimes Lundeen
wrote:

I have a document in PDF and in Tiff format. I want to know how to convert
either of these into a regular, editible, document in Word Professional 2007.
My need is urgent.

Google is your friend. Try http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf2word/index.asp or any of
the other sites listed in the result of the query
http://www.google.com/search?q=pdf+to+word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Character[_4_] Character[_4_] is offline

Endtimes Lundeen wrote:

I have a document in PDF and in Tiff format. I want to know how to convert
either of these into a regular, editible, document in Word Professional 2007.
My need is urgent.

The TIFF file is an image and would need some OCR (Optical Character
Recognition) software to make an editable document.

A PDF file can contain almost any kind of data. The pages might be
images, in which case you'd also need OCR software, or they might be
text, in which case take Jay Freedman's advice.

You can tell what you have in your PDF file by opening it with Adobe
Reader and selecting File / Document Properties / Fonts. If it lists
fonts, then you probably have a convertible text document. Otherwise,
all you have are images - photographs of text that require OCR to
convert to editable text.

- Character

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Endtimes Lundeen Endtimes Lundeen is offline

Thank you for your help, I thought Office had a conversion tool in it. But
apparently not for ISO's.

wrote:

I have a document in PDF and in Tiff format. I want to know how to convert
either of these into a regular, editible, document in Word Professional 2007.
My need is urgent.

Google is your friend. Try http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf2word/index.asp or any of
the other sites listed in the result of the query
http://www.google.com/search?q=pdf+to+word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Abigail111 Abigail111 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtimes Lundeen View Post

"Character" wrote:

Endtimes Lundeen wrote:

I have a document in PDF and in Tiff format. I want to know how to convert
either of these into a regular, editible, document in Word Professional 2007.
My need is urgent.

The TIFF file is an image and would need some OCR (Optical Character
Recognition) software to make an editable document.

A PDF file can contain almost any kind of data. The pages might be
images, in which case you'd also need OCR software, or they might be
text, in which case take Jay Freedman's advice.

You can tell what you have in your PDF file by opening it with Adobe
Reader and selecting File / Document Properties / Fonts. If it lists
fonts, then you probably have a convertible text document. Otherwise,
all you have are images - photographs of text that require OCR to
convert to editable text.

- Character

I just know how to convert tiff to word.Here is the method:
public void TiffConvertToWord(string TIFFInputFile, string ImageOutputFile);