What's the best free PDF creator from Word 2000 documents inan old Windows XP Pro SP3?

Old May 17th 15, 10:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
Ant[_4_]

Default What's the best free PDF creator from Word 2000 documents inan old Windows XP Pro SP3?

I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.

Thank you in advance.
--
"A marvelous creature. A model of specialization... Who else could suck
an ant up his nose and enjoy it?" --About anteaters, "B.C." strip by
Old May 18th 15, 07:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
tlvp

On Sun, 17 May 2015 02:37:10 -0700, Ant wrote:

I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.

Thank you in advance.

"... best ..."? No idea. Good enough for me? -- BullZIP PDF Printer, cf.
http://www.bullzip.com. But there are others of similar ilk. HTH.

Cheers, -- tlvp
Old May 19th 15, 11:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
Ant[_4_]

I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.

Thank you in advance.

"... best ..."? No idea. Good enough for me? -- BullZIP PDF Printer, cf.
http://www.bullzip.com. But there are others of similar ilk. HTH.

Thanks. I recently used http://www.primopdf.com/ which seems to be good
enough for me.
--
"Forbear, thou great good husband, little ant." --Richard Lovelace
Old May 20th 15, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
tlvp

On Tue, 19 May 2015 03:56:26 -0700, Ant wrote:

Thanks. I recently used http://www.primopdf.com/ which seems to be good
enough for me.

Yes. Haven't used either one myself, but I've read good things about both
your Primo PDF and a Nitro PDF. Enjoy in good health :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp
Old May 21st 15, 04:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
Steve Hayes[_2_]

On Tue, 19 May 2015 03:56:26 -0700, Ant wrote:

I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.

Thank you in advance.

"... best ..."? No idea. Good enough for me? -- BullZIP PDF Printer, cf.
http://www.bullzip.com. But there are others of similar ilk. HTH.

Thanks. I recently used http://www.primopdf.com/ which seems to be good
enough for me.

I've used PDFfactory

http://fineprint.com/pdf/

which is a paid version.

PDF Creator did just as good a job with a single document, but could
not concatenate documents into a single file as PDFfactory does.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Old May 21st 15, 06:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
tlvp

On Thu, 21 May 2015 05:52:39 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:

PDF Creator did just as good a job with a single document, but could
not concatenate documents into a single file as PDFfactory does.

To concatenate multiple documents into a single file, I use pdftk, aka "the
PDF ToolKit" (q.v. in your favorite search engine). HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

Old May 22nd 15, 06:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.printing,comp.text.pdf
tlvp

On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:49:28 +0200, Steve Hayes asked of:

... pdftk, aka "the
PDF ToolKit" (q.v. in your favorite search engine) ...

Is that one free?

Yup. More accurately, going thru' google-finds for [ pdftk - pdf toolkit ]:

| ... https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-...-toolkit/PDFtk - The PDF Toolkit.
| PDFtk is a simple tool for doing everyday things with PDF documents.
| It comes in three flavors: PDFtk Free, PDFtk Pro, and ...

I use a free CLI .exe version in a Win Vista, 7, or 8.1 DOS box.
There are versions good in Linux, maybe MacOS, as well.
HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp