education is "value drenched" what does that mean

Old September 16th 07, 02:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay

Default education is "value drenched" what does that mean

I have been trying without sucees to find the meaning of this quote from
(Lerner 1976).I would really appreciate your comments.Thanks in advance
Old September 16th 07, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

A lot would depend on the full quote and context. Out of context, I would
take that phrase to mean that education is so tainted by and driven by
[someone's ideas about] morality that it is effectively corrupted, with
someone's moral opinions masquerading as fact. In other words, education
doesn't just teach you methods, facts, and reasoning, it also preaches and
makes moral judgments as well. Value-drenched education robs the students of
the opportunity to make up their own minds about what's good, bad, right,
and wrong.

But, as I said... a lot depends on the full quote and context.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Old September 17th 07, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ

A Google search turned up this:

http://www.ccsr.ac.uk/staff/wkolsen/lecnotes.htm

Old March 24th 21, 09:59 AM
Emily725 Emily725 is offline

Education is value drenched because it teaches your values and facts and also you can learn to make moral judgement. The dissertation help me a lot to write my article and assignments. You can grab this for quality content.