How do I align on a colon?

Old September 20th 06, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MyDogOlly

Default How do I align on a colon?

I am typing an itinerary and want to align on a colon (for time, such at
10:00am, 2:00pm etc). I Word Perfect there is a way to change the align
character and align on it, but I can't find it in Word.
Old September 20th 06, 11:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a decimal tab stop; it will align on the first non-numeric character
(other than the thousands separator) in a text string.

news

Old September 21st 06, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msatl

goto -- view -- show ruler -- click to the symbol that looks like a "L"
which call "left tab" continue to click this symbol until it says "decimal
tab" it looks like an upside down "T" with a dot to the right of it. Then
click on the ruler where you would like for the colon to line up in your
document.

Old May 28th 13, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:45:02 AM UTC+8, MyDogOlly wrote:
I am typing an itinerary and want to align on a colon (for time, such at
10:00am, 2:00pm etc). I Word Perfect there is a way to change the align
character and align on it, but I can't find it in Word.

First, you go to the "View", then click on the ruler. Click the "L" like symbol continually until it becomes a upside down "T" with a dot on its right, move the ruler to the position you like to place the colon. Click "Tab" at the left of the colon and the colon will move to that position.
Old March 25th 21, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RANDOLPH BROCK

On Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 4:45:02 AM UTC+7, MyDogOlly wrote:
I am typing an itinerary and want to align on a colon (for time, such at
10:00am, 2:00pm etc). I Word Perfect there is a way to change the align
character and align on it, but I can't find it in Word.

Actually it is indeed extremely easy. It is NOT the decimal tab. Use a right tab, which you can use anywhere - even before other tabs. Whatever you click to that right tab will line up with each other (providing the right tab is the same for every line). It works perfectly and easily.
Old March 25th 21, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RANDOLPH BROCK

Actually this is extremely easy. Don't use the decimal tab - it doesn't always work the same with different apps. Use the RIGHT TAB. The right tab can be used before any other tab, just like other tabs can. Then the text you tab to the right tab lines up perfectly with every line for which you set the right tab at the very same point. EASY!!!!
Old March 29th 21, 12:43 AM
Amis Amis is offline

Originally Posted by RANDOLPH BROCK View Post
Actually this is extremely easy. Don't use the decimal tab - it doesn't always work the same with different apps. Use the RIGHT TAB. The right tab can be used before any other tab, just like other tabs can. Then the text you tab to the right tab lines up perfectly with every line for which you set the right tab at the very same point. EASY!!!!
WHAT THIS ?