Sapana

Default while i mail merge, can I specify the from field?

i want to use my alias id which is different from my outlook email id.
AM

I use the mail merge/email feature almost every day. What I found to be very
easy is to create a seperate email profile within outlook. That way I can
have several profiles for the different "from fields" that I use. Hope this
helps

i want to use my alias id which is different from my outlook email id.

Sapana

Hi AM,
thanks for writing in. from your post I understand that if I have multiple
profile in my outlook (which I have) I can use mail merge from My alias id.
I presume that in this case I will need to mail merge directly from my
profile in outlook and not from MS word which I usually use (as I do not find
the from field in Mail merge toolbar in word)
In such case I will probably need to use contacts field. I will need to
import data from excel (data running in thoudsands of email ids) into the
contacts folder for the profile from which i wish to send the mail.
I tried that out, but I am not able to import the data. The error I am
getting is "no named ranges, use excel to name ranges"

Now the question is: is my understanding of the solution correct or is it
flawed. what should be the next step. it will really help if you could
provide me with a detailed step by step answer.

Thanks

Sapana

Hi....GOT it...

For those who do not know:

All you need to do is type a letter and in tools select mail merge option.
it is similar to word.

To specify the from field select options, in the drop down menu you can
choose from.