Was there ever a solution in Word 2003 to joining tables?

Old March 10th 09, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
NanB

Default Was there ever a solution in Word 2003 to joining tables?

A client has given me dozens of Word tables, many of which need to be joined.
I'm in Word 2003 and have read all the help posts I can find--am using Normal
view, no word wrap, all files in RTF, columns aligned, paragraphs between
tables deleted--but it is still impossible to select or sort an entire column.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
NanB

Joining together 2 tables in Word blnorwood Tables 1 October 10th 08 09:22 PM
joining tables Janette Tables 1 September 17th 07 08:10 PM
If you need help joining tables in Word 2003? [email protected] Tables 1 November 10th 06 11:14 AM
Joining tables Jackie Smith Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 05 04:36 PM
Prevent Word from Automatically Joining Adjacent Tables Randy Pearson via OfficeKB.com Tables 7 February 11th 05 02:06 PM