Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy Cindy is offline

Default My keyboard is locked on MS Word... Why?

I just bought my computer and activated the free trial version of Microsoft
Office. While, it worked fine yesterday, today for some reason I am not able
to type anything on a blank page. The keyboard is locked and the upper menu
options are a light grey. Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It sounds as though it is locked out because the trial period has expired.
Did it come preinstalled?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"cindy" wrote in message
I just bought my computer and activated the free trial version of
Microsoft
Office. While, it worked fine yesterday, today for some reason I am not
able
to type anything on a blank page. The keyboard is locked and the upper
menu
options are a light grey. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RealGomer RealGomer is offline

The trial period should not have expired until Office was used the first
time. It will depend on Ms Cindy's definition of "just bought". I may be
wrong but I believe the trial period is either 60 days or 6 months. I can't
remember as I always delete the trial copies.
--
Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations