Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noel Hunter Noel Hunter is offline

Default headers

I have created a resume in Word 2007 with a header, I only wont the header to
appear on the first page, how do I stop it appearing on the second page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:39:01 -0700, Noel Hunter wrote:

I have created a resume in Word 2007 with a header, I only wont the header to
appear on the first page, how do I stop it appearing on the second page?

Double-click in the header area to open it, and to display the Header & Footer
Tools tab on the ribbon.

In the Options group of the ribbon, check the box for Different First Page.
You'll now have an empty header on the first page and the existing content in
the header of the second and remaining pages. Cut that content to the clipboard
and paste it into the first page header.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Choose the "different first page" option in Insert | Header |
Edit Header, and then create the header. Or if you created the
header before choosing different first page, you'll need to cut
the header from page 2 and paste it into page 1.