Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dyer Dyer is offline

Default converting Word 2002 files to Word 2007 files

I have hundreds of 2002 Word files. Is there a simple way I can convert all
these files to Word 2007 without opening each file separately?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You don't *have* to convert them, you know.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dyer" wrote in message
I have hundreds of 2002 Word files. Is there a simple way I can convert all
these files to Word 2007 without opening each file separately?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dyer Dyer is offline

JoAnn,

Thank you for your response.

The reason I asked the question is that I bought Word 2007 because, and I am
not sure where this came from, but I received a message online to the effect
that Word 2002 files or its software were no longer going to be supported (by
whom I don't know), but I do know that in the past month or so my computer
began routinely to shut down Word 2002 files in which I was working sending
me a message that Word 2002 software might cause some kind of serious damage
to my computer. I decided to upgrade to Word 2007, althought it has more
bells and whistles than I need for the kind of writing I do, because I had
concluded that Word 2002 was going to cause me problems which I didn't need
nor know how to fix.
Sorry for the long-winded reply.

John

"Dyer" wrote in message
I have hundreds of 2002 Word files. Is there a simple way I can convert all
these files to Word 2007 without opening each file separately?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Dyer" wrote in message
JoAnn,

Thank you for your response.

The reason I asked the question is that I bought Word 2007 because, and I
am
not sure where this came from, but I received a message online to the
effect
that Word 2002 files or its software were no longer going to be supported
(by
whom I don't know), but I do know that in the past month or so my computer
began routinely to shut down Word 2002 files in which I was working
sending
me a message that Word 2002 software might cause some kind of serious
damage
to my computer

That sounds very like malware or a virus to me.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It might have been better if you had discussed your problem before buying a
new version of Word.
You appear to have two problems.
1. Concerned the message, which unless you can give the exact wording and
the dialog title text, is somewhat difficult to pin down but assuming you
have a legal copy of Word 2002 and not some dubiously sourced pirate copy, I
am tempted to agree with Gordon's diagnosis. This sounds like advertising
malware. You need to check your system for spyware.
2. The crashes. In this case you probably have some minor corruption - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Word 2007 should be able to open your Word 2002 files without problem.