I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?

Old December 7th 09, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jdgesq2

Default I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?

I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old December 7th 09, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header
area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old December 5th 10, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deena Larsen[_2_]

Default Watermarks are anchored to a header.

Oh God Bless YOU!!! YOU are so wonderful!! Thanks to this tip I might actually get my document done before Monday at 9 am. I have been trying to get that @#$%#[email protected] watermark off my 300 page document since 5 am this morning.

On Monday, December 07, 2009 2:17 PM Stefan Blom wrote:

Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header
area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft LINQ Query Samples For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-...Operators.aspx

Old December 6th 10, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Well, it's a one year old thread, but I'm glad you found it useful. :-)

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old November 19th 12, 06:12 PM
lmahanay lmahanay is offline

I tried this and it did not work. I have a left/right header. The watermark appears on only one page of the section. I have tried clicking in the header and footer and removing the watermark with no help. Tried doing it from the page as well, and that doesn't work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

Old June 12th 15, 03:17 AM
bmckinnon bmckinnon is offline

Originally Posted by lmahanay View Post
I tried this and it did not work. I have a left/right header. The watermark appears on only one page of the section. I have tried clicking in the header and footer and removing the watermark with no help. Tried doing it from the page as well, and that doesn't work either.
Sometimes the Watermark is quite far down in the Header so cursor slowly down until you see the Watermark and then select and delete it. Or you can use Page Layout Watermark and Remove Watermark.
Old June 12th 15, 03:19 AM
bmckinnon bmckinnon is offline

Sometimes the Watermark is quite far down in the Header so scroll slowly down until you see the Watermark and then select and delete it. Or in Word 2010, you can click on Page Layout Watermark and Remove Watermark but either way is acceptable.