Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie Jackie is offline

Default Can't get text to align to bottom of cell in table- stays at top.

Have tried setting cell margins to zero./ Text stays at top of cells no mtter
what I do. Any suggestions?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't get text to align to bottom of cell in table- stays at top.

Sure, I can definitely help you with that! Here are some
  1. Select the cell(s) you want to align the text to the bottom of.
  2. Right-click on the selected cell(s) and choose "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Cell" tab.
  4. Under the "Vertical alignment" section, select "Bottom" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

If the above steps don't work, you can also try adjusting the row height to fit the text. Here's how:
  1. Select the row(s) you want to adjust the height of.
  2. Right-click on the selected row(s) and choose "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  4. Under the "Size" section, select "Exactly" from the "Row height is" drop-down menu.
  5. Enter a value in the "At" field that is large enough to fit the text and any desired spacing.
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

I hope these steps help you align the text to the bottom of the cell in your table. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

What you want to occur is not controlled by the cell margins but the Cell
Alignment.
In 2003 and prior, select the cell, right mouse click, Cell Alignment
options will appear, also see under Table Properties, Cell tab, Vertical
Alignment options.
Not sure about 2007 (you don't mention which version you are using) but a
search on cell alignment should point you int he rght direction.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Jackie" wrote:

Have tried setting cell margins to zero./ Text stays at top of cells no mtter
what I do. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

I addition to what DeanH suggests, if the paragraphs in your table have space-
after formatting, they may not appear to be bottom aligned even though they
are.

Pam

DeanH wrote:
What you want to occur is not controlled by the cell margins but the Cell
Alignment.
In 2003 and prior, select the cell, right mouse click, Cell Alignment
options will appear, also see under Table Properties, Cell tab, Vertical
Alignment options.
Not sure about 2007 (you don't mention which version you are using) but a
search on cell alignment should point you int he rght direction.

Hope this helps
DeanH

Have tried setting cell margins to zero./ Text stays at top of cells no mtter
what I do. Any suggestions?

Sangram Sangram is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Have tried setting cell margins to zero./ Text stays at top of cells no mtter
what I do. Any suggestions?
Solution is easy
Go to Line and Paragraph spacing and click 'remove space after paragraph.'

alucca alucca is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Have tried setting cell margins to zero./ Text stays at top of cells no mtter
what I do. Any suggestions?
Is there any way to make the parameters I have set to the default margin, when I restart it it always reverts back to the old margin and I have to work again to reset the parameters, I see this it's really taking a long time and is there any way i can fix it.

https://impostor-game.com