CorporateBarbie CorporateBarbie is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy I'm preparing a document for my boss. PLEASE HELP!

I am working on a document where I have a long numbered list. I would like to insert a symbol in front of just ONE of the numbers.

For example:
1.
2.
*3.
4.
5.

I'm preparing a document for my boss. PLEASE HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default I'm preparing a document for my boss. PLEASE HELP!

Is the list using Word's paragraph numbering? In that case, you can't
easily add a symbol to just one number; it would be added to all numbers
(at the same numbering level if you are dealing with a multilevel list).

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP