Numbering lists do not maintain block style

Old September 14th 12, 05:18 PM
Pat Monahan Pat Monahan is offline

Unhappy Numbering lists do not maintain block style

When I use numbering it indents only the first lines and then moves second line over to the left in stead of keeping same indent.
Old September 16th 12, 11:08 PM
kathyturner kathyturner is offline

Pat - a question about how you got to the second line!
Did you use 'enter' to move from the first line to the next? If you did not, but instead just put the cursor on the second line, then the formatting from the first line would not be continued to the second (and so no number would appear and the line would have no indenting).

I hope it is no more complicated than that!

Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Monahan View Post
When I use numbering it indents only the first lines and then moves second line over to the left in stead of keeping same indent.

How to create AND MAINTAIN a new style??? veronius Microsoft Word Help 6 November 25th 09 08:11 PM
how do I customize autotext/building block lists imack Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 09 02:37 PM
Block Style Paragraph sheana New Users 1 September 23rd 08 05:40 PM
How do I combine documents and maintain numbered lists GregMiddleton Microsoft Word Help 2 April 30th 07 05:36 PM
what is block style layout rodgl_ca New Users 3 December 1st 05 02:02 AM