Change footnote from before period to after - one action?

Old January 17th 13, 01:23 AM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

Default Change footnote from before period to after - one action?

Can I change the whole document so that footnotes appear after fullstop/period in the one one action/fix? I have about 350 footnotes although not all are wrong.

I must have accidently put footnotes in superscript before the period/full stop in the text of a very long manuscript or when I was doing some altering it happend. Maybe it was my eyes which are bad. It is the style i want

many thanks
Old January 17th 13, 10:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

In the Find and Replace dialog box (Ctrl+H), select the "Use wildcards"
option. Then enter the following:

"Find what": (^2)(.)

"Replace with": \2\1

Click Replace All.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old January 18th 13, 07:55 AM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

Stefan you are brilliant. I really didn't think it could be done. I made 111 replacements so got some right! You have made my week.

Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

Old January 18th 13, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I'm glad it worked for you. :-)

Indeed, wildcard searches are very powerful! If you want to learn more, take
a look at http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message

Stefan you are brilliant. I really didn't think it could be done. I made
111 replacements so got some right! You have made my week.

Thanks a lot.

;493823']In the Find and Replace dialog box (Ctrl+H), select the "Use

Old January 19th 13, 09:09 AM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];493829']I'm glad it worked for you. :-)

Indeed, wildcard searches are very powerful! If you want to learn more, take
a look at http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Wow I looked at it - scary but a "must know" for anyone writing complex or long douments. Handy for editing. I will certainly print it out. Well done to all the contributors. I wish someone would write and up to date code on how to change superscript in footnote into an ordinary size number with a full stop and space. A permanent fix for normal template. Also how to implement the code. The only one that exists is for a very old version of Word and not applicable.
Lots of lovely screenshots would be good
many thanks for your time
.
Old January 19th 13, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I see a new question hiding in your reply. :-)

If you are referring to the macro presented in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...scptfnotes.htm, note that it can
still be used in Word 2007 and 2010, with a minor adjustment, as follows: In
addition to the InsertFootnote sub, you must add a second sub called
InsertFootnoteNow, containing the same lines of code. (This applies to the
endnotes macro as well.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old January 23rd 13, 02:24 AM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

Smile

Yes I found that out thanks. Someone kindly made a new code but I am not familiar with macros so I had to pay someone to take me through it step by step with screenshots. This person added the extra code. However it didn't have the full stop. I had put a shortcut on word (as I had been directed to do). I just clicked this and I go exactly what I wanted. Unintentionally I think. It is now a number, full stop a space the same size as my indent in macro and the references are showned in blocked text.This is brilliant and what I preferred.
Thank you for your time. Others will benefit by knowing to add the extra code.
Cant post this as I get a message that the messge is too short.!! I hope this does it!

Old January 23rd 13, 12:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I'm glad you got it sorted! Thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the error message you are seeing... I guess you
are posting via a web site? You could make use of a traditional Usenet
newsreader (such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird); it does require that
you register with a web site for newsgroup access (for example, you can do
that via www.enternal-september.org).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" skrev i meddelandet

Yes I found that out thanks. Someone kindly made a new code but I am not
familiar with macros so I had to pay someone to take me through it step
by step with screenshots. This person added the extra code. However it
didn't have the full stop. I had put a shortcut on word (as I had been
directed to do). I just clicked this and I go exactly what I wanted.
Unintentionally I think. It is now a number, full stop a space the same
size as my indent in macro and the references are showned in blocked
text.This is brilliant and what I preferred.
Thank you for your time. Others will benefit by knowing to add the extra
code.
Cant post this as I get a message that the messge is too short.!! I hope
this does it!

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493834']I see a new question hiding in your reply. :-)

If you are referring to the macro presented in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...scptfnotes.htm, note that it
can
still be used in Word 2007 and 2010, with a minor adjustment, as
follows: In
addition to the InsertFootnote sub, you must add a second sub called
InsertFootnoteNow, containing the same lines of code. (This applies to
the
endnotes macro as well.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message
...-

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:-
[...]

.-

--
kaye123 -

--
kaye123

Old January 24th 13, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

If you do want to try the newsreader approach, note that the link to the
site I mentioned is incorrect. The correct link is:
http://www.eternal-september.org.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493834']I see a new question hiding in your reply. :-)

If you are referring to the macro presented in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...scptfnotes.htm, note that it
can
still be used in Word 2007 and 2010, with a minor adjustment, as
follows: In
addition to the InsertFootnote sub, you must add a second sub called
InsertFootnoteNow, containing the same lines of code. (This applies to
the
endnotes macro as well.)

--
Stefan Blom