Help with set up of automatically updating cross reference.

Old September 10th 13, 10:34 AM
lukebrown lukebrown is offline

Default Help with set up of automatically updating cross reference.

Hi,

At work we create reports with many sections. At the end of each section we assign a category A,B,C,D.

For clarity at the start of the report we put a cross reference matrix, with the heading (either level 1, 2 or 3) in one column, then 4 more columns called A, B, C, and D. There is then a black dot (or any mark) in the column linking to the sections category.

I was wondring if via VBA or another method it is possible that word automatically updates the position of the mark when the category is changed. It would be great if the whole table is made automatically, but this is not completely necesarry, the main aim is for the mark associated with the category to be automatically updated.

I can if it helps attach an example document with the cross reference matrix.

Cheers