What is PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 10 mean?

Old November 6th 15, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default What is PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 10 mean?

What does PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 10 mean and does it have anything to do with lines going through, that is, replacing my text with a series of dashes, each dash having a dot underneath it? I'm stuck. This is homework due Sunday by midnight. I am at the Orem Public Library, Orem, Utah. This is Jim Micheletti speaking. Help.