Alt key and numeric pad no longer give me special characters.????

Old May 20th 05, 01:26 PM
Guitarman

Default Alt key and numeric pad no longer give me special characters.????

I used to be able to place special characters in a Word 2002 document, by
simply holding down the ALT key, while typing various numbers on the numeric
key pad. This no longer works. What got changed? And, how may I get it to
work again?