Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig

Default Error when closed - Office 2003

I recently upgraded from office97 to office 2003. OS is WinXP-Pro.
Everything works fine except for Word 2003.
Whenever I exit from Word, it prompted following error:

"Recover my work and restart Microsoft Office Word"

There is a checked box in front of the above line. Whether I check or
uncheck the box, word starts over again. It is a continuous loop. How can
I fix this problem?

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Craig,

I recently upgraded from office97 to office 2003. OS is WinXP-Pro.
Everything works fine except for Word 2003.
Whenever I exit from Word, it prompted following error:

"Recover my work and restart Microsoft Office Word"

There is a checked box in front of the above line. Whether I check or
uncheck the box, word starts over again. It is a continuous loop. How can
I fix this problem?

The first thing you might try is to rename Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot and see
if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't, try using the Control Panel/Add Remove programs and run a
"Repair" type of setup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Or use Help | Detect and Repair within Word.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Craig,

I recently upgraded from office97 to office 2003. OS is WinXP-Pro.
Everything works fine except for Word 2003.
Whenever I exit from Word, it prompted following error:

"Recover my work and restart Microsoft Office Word"

There is a checked box in front of the above line. Whether I check or
uncheck the box, word starts over again. It is a continuous loop. How

can
I fix this problem?

The first thing you might try is to rename Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot and

see
if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't, try using the Control Panel/Add Remove programs and run a
"Repair" type of setup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig

Thanks for replies.
When I tried to uninstall Word, it prompted that it could not because of
error in Word.
It seems that I should uninstall the whole Office 2003 and re-install it.
I might do that when office activities head to south during Christmas
holidays.
Craig.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or use Help | Detect and Repair within Word.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Craig,

When I tried to uninstall Word, it prompted that it could not because of
error in Word.

Word should not be running when you try to uninstall it... If you continue
to have difficulties, you should go to the Office setup newsgroup.