Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Julia

Default Word document protection

Hi

I would like to protect a Word document so that it is not possible for a
recipient to be able to eiterh copy and paste or filesave as the document.
This is because there maybe text or pictures that I do not want to be
copied.

I've taken a look as password read-only protection but this still enables
the recipient to filesave as.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Julia,

I would like to protect a Word document so that it is not possible for a
recipient to be able to eiterh copy and paste or filesave as the document.
This is because there maybe text or pictures that I do not want to be
copied.

Well, give that anyone using a computer could press the PrintScreen button on
the keyboard, then paste into any graphics program... I don't think it really
matters whether or not you could lock the document. It would be simple enough
to get to the text through the screen caption shrug

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Julia,

I would like to protect a Word document so that it is not possible for a
recipient to be able to eiterh copy and paste or filesave as the
document.
This is because there maybe text or pictures that I do not want to be
copied.

Well, give that anyone using a computer could press the PrintScreen button
on
the keyboard, then paste into any graphics program... I don't think it
really
matters whether or not you could lock the document. It would be simple
enough
to get to the text through the screen caption shrug

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

If you don't want anyone to copy, don't make it available. Determined folks
can copy anything...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

If they can see it, they can copy it. You can make it a _little_ harder by
protecting the document for forms with a password. Most users won't be able
to copy this, but those who won't be stopped by instructions to not copy
won't be stopped by this either.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.