Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KR

Default view format & track changes- use default setting instead of how document was saved? (W2003)

I sometimes get documents from co-workers where (when I open them) the view
is something different that what I normally use (normal vs print layout),
and sometimes the track changes bar comes up when a document is opened too.

I'd like for every document I open to open in print layout view (regardless
of how the previous person saved it) and always come up without the track
changes bar (we tend to use other methods of version control).

Is there a way for me to set up my Word2003 installation to "override" any
settings saved in the document?

Thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:17:50 -0500, "KR" wrote:

I sometimes get documents from co-workers where (when I open them) the view
is something different that what I normally use (normal vs print layout),
and sometimes the track changes bar comes up when a document is opened too.

I'd like for every document I open to open in print layout view (regardless
of how the previous person saved it) and always come up without the track
changes bar (we tend to use other methods of version control).

Is there a way for me to set up my Word2003 installation to "override" any
settings saved in the document?

Thanks,
Keith

Go to http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm and scroll down to
the "Auto macros" section. Those macros will do what you want (and
maybe a bit more... you may want to omit the line that sets
..DisplayPageBoundaries). The first part of the article explains how to
install the macros.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

When I open Word, a saved document opens as the default window. W Secret Parties Microsoft Word Help 1 November 22nd 05 09:31 PM
Hebrew Suggestions Dannyza Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 05 06:12 AM
setting default format vosg Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 08:42 PM
default view setting jimk Page Layout 1 February 8th 05 10:04 PM
change view track changes default setting Clarke Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 08:32 PM