Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jobie

Default Recurring decimal format

I would like to insert a recurring decimal in a document. e.g.
1.333333....etc. standard notation would be a dash or dot over the last
digit. I cannot figure out how to do this in Word. Please could someone
advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You can create it using an EQ field: { EQ \O (3,?) }. The dot-above
character is 02D9; you'll need to make it a few points larger than the
digit.

"jobie" wrote in message
I would like to insert a recurring decimal in a document. e.g.
1.333333....etc. standard notation would be a dash or dot over the last
digit. I cannot figure out how to do this in Word. Please could someone
advise.

Gonzoid Gonzoid is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobie View Post
I would like to insert a recurring decimal in a document. e.g.
1.333333....etc. standard notation would be a dash or dot over the last
digit. I cannot figure out how to do this in Word. Please could someone
advise.
Just type underscore in the line above and minimise line-spacing (between those two lines)