Extended the number of characters allowed in drop-down form field

Old March 2nd 06, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Extended the number of characters allowed in drop-down form field

I've created a drop-down field form list but some of my entries are longer
than the allocated number of characters i.e. my options are truncated when
viewed in the form. Can anyone suggest a way to extend/increase the number
of characters allowed for each entry?

Similarly, is there a way to increase the number of allocated characters
allowed in the description in the help section of a text form field?

Many thanks.
Old March 7th 06, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?cGxmMTAw?=,

I've created a drop-down field form list but some of my entries are longer
than the allocated number of characters i.e. my options are truncated when
viewed in the form. Can anyone suggest a way to extend/increase the number
of characters allowed for each entry?

Similarly, is there a way to increase the number of allocated characters
allowed in the description in the help section of a text form field?

No and no. But there is a Knowledge Base article that describes how you can
use a macro to work around the problem(s):

WD2000: How to Create a Combo Box Containing More Than 25 Items

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org