Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Madhur Madhur is offline

Default Strange Tables behaviour

I have created a table that fits in 1 page. Problem is I can't write anything
above the table even when I try to shift it down.
When i insert a row, whatever that was written previously above the table
shifts downside the table.. Secondly, on inserttin a row, the table goes
beyond the bottom margin on the same page, or the new row goes to next page
shifting all the content below that table to 3rd page.
Tables have always annoyed me in word. Someone help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Table Properties dialog box, make sure that "Text wrapping" is set to
"None." Does that improve things?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Madhur" wrote in message
I have created a table that fits in 1 page. Problem is I can't write
anything
above the table even when I try to shift it down.
When i insert a row, whatever that was written previously above the table
shifts downside the table.. Secondly, on inserttin a row, the table goes
beyond the bottom margin on the same page, or the new row goes to next
page
shifting all the content below that table to 3rd page.
Tables have always annoyed me in word. Someone help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Madhur Madhur is offline

I tried that earlier but that still doesn't help. Even when I shift the
table quiet below, the cursor doesn't shows up above the table where I can
write. All that comes is a bottom pointing arrow that is used to select
columns. Now isn't that strange.!!

"Madhur" wrote in message
I have created a table that fits in 1 page. Problem is I can't write
anything
above the table even when I try to shift it down.
When i insert a row, whatever that was written previously above the table
shifts downside the table.. Secondly, on inserttin a row, the table goes
beyond the bottom margin on the same page, or the new row goes to next
page
shifting all the content below that table to 3rd page.
Tables have always annoyed me in word. Someone help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you don't have a text paragraph before the table, press Ctrl+Home to go
to the very beginning of the table, then press Enter. This will give you a
text paragraph above the table. But if you have dragged the table using the
table handle, you have made it wrapped.