Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Moloney[_2_] Paul Moloney[_2_] is offline

Default Table text randomly inherits bullets

I have a strange problem with a document that uses tables, and also
has a set of custom styles which, when applied, use a text bullet -
for example, "Caution", "Tip" and "Note".

The tables in the document have the style Body Text applied to the
text in them. However, randomly after certain saves, the text in the
table with take on a custom bullet.

So the text in the table, for example, will now reads

| Tip: text | Tip: more text |

The style applied is _still_ Body Text; when I try to reapply it,
nothing happens. The fix is to reapply the relevant table style to the
table.

When I check the Numbering dialog box for Body Text and the style it's
based on, Normal, Numbering, Outline Numbering and Bullets are all set
to "none". So I'm not sure why Body Text is picking up bullets from a
completely seperate style.

Any help appreciated,

P.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Using the Organizer, copy the *table* style from document that is "behaving."
Does that fix the issue?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP