Jody Brink

Default Text doesn't wrap whole words, even though I turned off hyphenati.

When creating a simple document, when the text reaches the end of a line,
instead of keeping a word together, it just stops where it is in that word,
and continues the same word on the next line, like this:

managed retained collections, cleaned and reasse
mbled fragments of various items, performed var
ious ......

I've already checked for hyphenating, and it's turned off. What's going on,
and how can I fix it?

Jody Brink

Thanks, that did seem to solve that problem, but uncovered another. Now,
although it wraps whole words, it starts a new line if I have a hyphenated
word, like ' pre-historic'. Some days you just can't win. I've been having
other serious problems in general, and it's coming down to re-formatting the
hard drive and reinstalling everything. I just hope it's not a hardware
issue.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This usually indicates a damaged font or document. Is the problem solved by
changing to another font? If so, reinstall the font. If not, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"Jody Brink" Jody wrote in message
When creating a simple document, when the text reaches the end of a line,
instead of keeping a word together, it just stops where it is in that

word,
and continues the same word on the next line, like this:

managed retained collections, cleaned and reasse
mbled fragments of various items, performed var
ious ......

I've already checked for hyphenating, and it's turned off. What's going

on,
and how can I fix it?

When I had that problem with hyphens, it turned out to be document
corruption.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This usually indicates a damaged font or document. Is the problem solved

by
changing to another font? If so, reinstall the font. If not, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.