Posted to microsoft.public.siteserver.search,microsoft.public.windows.file_system,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raymond Raymond is offline

Default Linking my database to a word document field...

hello...

Should I be able to creat a link to a document by referncing a bookmark in
that document?

We put an ID number in our documents that references a particular facility
and we have a data base that contains all kinds of information about all of
the facilities. I would llike to make a link from our database records to
associated documents that have the ID number bookmarked...

I hope this makes sense...

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Raymond

Posted to microsoft.public.siteserver.search,microsoft.public.windows.file_system,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] cornedbeef007-groups@yahoo.com.au is offline

On Feb 13, 1:22 pm, "Raymond" Raymond_ONeill (remove)
@dec.state.ak.us wrote:
hello...

Should I be able to creat a link to a document by referncing a bookmark in
that document?

We put an ID number in our documents that references a particular facility
and we have a data base that contains all kinds of information about all of
the facilities. I would llike to make a link from our database records to
associated documents that have the ID number bookmarked...

I hope this makes sense...

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Raymond

Highlight the text in your doc that want to link, Press Ctrl+K, and
type in the url of the doc want to link to. Click OK.

Good luck.
BarryG