Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

Default Macro Enabled Word document

Help please! I have struggled with getting a calendar into my word template
and I believe that I saved the macro on a template on my computer. Thus when
I try and open the my word form with the calendar on another computer the
calendar does nothing.

How can I get this to work in my template and share it with others?
--
Thanks,,
Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi Kim:

What do you mean "it does nothing"? Can you see it? Can you click on the
dates?

Al

"Kim K" wrote:

Help please! I have struggled with getting a calendar into my word template
and I believe that I saved the macro on a template on my computer. Thus when
I try and open the my word form with the calendar on another computer the
calendar does nothing.

How can I get this to work in my template and share it with others?
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Seems to me to be a reference problem. Do the other computers have the
MsCal.ocx file in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 folder?

Cheers,
AL

"Kim K" wrote:

Help please! I have struggled with getting a calendar into my word template
and I believe that I saved the macro on a template on my computer. Thus when
I try and open the my word form with the calendar on another computer the
calendar does nothing.

How can I get this to work in my template and share it with others?
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The principles of using the calendar and the ActiveX Calendar Control
required to make it work are available at
http://www.gmayor.com/popup_calendar.htm

Kim K wrote:
Help please! I have struggled with getting a calendar into my word
template and I believe that I saved the macro on a template on my
computer. Thus when I try and open the my word form with the
calendar on another computer the calendar does nothing.

How can I get this to work in my template and share it with others?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

What happens is that you click on the macro and nothing happens, the form
will appear adn all filoeds, check boxes etc wrok except the calendar, as I
said I created this macro in a template that resides on my computer hence it
appears that since it was not created with the document form I created then
it will not work on others computers.

What I want to do, and perhaps this will help shed some light in getting
some help, is a form that will be available from a state run website that the
school support staff can open and fill in th eblanks to be saved back to the
website and stored. The forms need to contain info such as todays date, last
concference date, next conference date, date of birth etc. I am having some
issue with the macros in that will they work on others staff computers unless
they disable their macro settings, and if the macro settings are controlled
by a GPO in the district they are currently working in.

I thought of using three drop down boeses for month/day/year, but the day
field would obviously be more than 25 in length, so I would be back to
creating a combo box, and a macro.

what other options do I have here?
--
Thanks,,