Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mkissner mkissner is offline

Default Importing Outlook Contact Info to Address Letters in Word

There has got to be any easy way to do this - but I can't find it. When
addressing a single letter in Word (not a mail merge) is there a way to
import information for a specific contact that I have stored in Outlook?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the simple method indicated by Suzanne doesn't work for you - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm for some methods that will provide
more control over what is entered and where.

mkissner wrote:
There has got to be any easy way to do this - but I can't find it.
When addressing a single letter in Word (not a mail merge) is there a
way to import information for a specific contact that I have stored
in Outlook?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mkissner mkissner is offline

Suzanne

I don't see this in Office 2007????

Thanks

Matt Kissner

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Address?

"mkissner" wrote in message
news
There has got to be any easy way to do this - but I can't find it. When
addressing a single letter in Word (not a mail merge) is there a way to
import information for a specific contact that I have stored in Outlook?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The Address command isn't in the Ribbon in Word 2007 by default. To make the
command available follow these steps:

- Right-click your Quick Access Toolbar and then click "Customize Quick
Access Toolbar"
- In the Customize section of Word Options, click the drop down under
"Choose commands from" and then click "Commands not in the Ribbon"
- Select "Address", and then click the Add button to add it to your Quick
Access Toolbar
- Click OK to close the dialog box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"mkissner" wrote in message
Suzanne

I don't see this in Office 2007????

Thanks

Matt Kissner

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Address?

"mkissner" wrote in message
news
There has got to be any easy way to do this - but I can't find it.
When
addressing a single letter in Word (not a mail merge) is there a way to
import information for a specific contact that I have stored in
Outlook?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elsie Crocfer Elsie Crocfer is offline

"mkissner" wrote in message
Suzanne

I don't see this in Office 2007????

Thanks

Matt Kissner

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Address?

"mkissner" wrote in message
news There has got to be any easy way to do this - but I can't find it.
When
addressing a single letter in Word (not a mail merge) is there a way to
import information for a specific contact that I have stored in
Outlook?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shaun[_2_] Shaun[_2_] is offline

I am still going round in circles trying to insert addresses from my outlook
contacts in word documents. I followed the steps described above; but in
word when I try to insert a contact address I continue to get the message:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run microsoft office outlokk and set
it as the default"
I have done this but it still does not work.
It worked perfectly in Office 97-03, Why is the new version so complicated?
Trying to sort out this and other problems (I want to find a playscript
format too) is so time consuming in a busy life.

"mkissner" wrote in message
Suzanne

I don't see this in Office 2007????

Thanks

Matt Kissner

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Address?

"mkissner" wrote in message
news There has got to be any easy way to do this - but I can't find it.
When
addressing a single letter in Word (not a mail merge) is there a way to
import information for a specific contact that I have stored in
Outlook?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Shaun,

Are both Outlook and Word the same (2007) version?

=============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shaun[_2_] Shaun[_2_] is offline

Hi Bob,

Yes they are both the 2007 version

Shaun

"Shaun" wrote in message ...
I am still going round in circles trying to insert addresses from my outlook
contacts in word documents. I followed the steps described above; but in
word when I try to insert a contact address I continue to get the message:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run microsoft office outlokk and set
it as the default"
I have done this but it still does not work.
It worked perfectly in Office 97-03, Why is the new version so complicated?
Trying to sort out this and other problems (I want to find a playscript
format too) is so time consuming in a busy life.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:29:00 -0700, Shaun
wrote:

Hi Bob,

Yes they are both the 2007 version

Have a look he