Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karenbeth24 karenbeth24 is offline

Default Remove Word 2007's Styles Sets

I want to only be able to see my custom quick style sets in the style set
list. How do I remove the default Word style sets like Distinctive, Elegant,
Fancy, etc.?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Karen Beth,

Are you talking about just for your computer or is this for a company deployment? The MS provided QuickStyle sets are stored in
..DOTX templates in (default location for U.S. English - 1033)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\1033\QuickStyles

Removing the files from that folder (or renaming the folder) will remove the MS provided sets.

Your custom Quick Styles are stored in (default location)
C:\Documents and Settings\yourLoginID\Application Data\Microsoft\QuickStyles

===========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Karen Beth,

For a custom deployment you can populate the Program Files folder with those from your company and disable several of the features
or change them to match what you need using the Office Customization Tool from the Office 2007 resource kit information at
http://technet.microsoft.com/office
Otherwise, in a repair, the original items might be 'fixed' to be the original way they were deployed.

============
"karenbeth24" wrote in message
It is for a company deployment. Thanks for your response! Worked perfectly.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karenbeth24 karenbeth24 is offline

Bob,

Word's default styles are still in the quick styles list, such as Title,
Subtitle, Subtle Emphasis, even though I've pulled in a custom style set and
removed the default quick style sets. How do I get rid of these?

Thanks!
Karen