Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lagoyu Lagoyu is offline

Default How do I convert auto paragraph numbering to static text numbers?

I have a long policy document which has multi level paragraph numbering (e.g.
1.B.3.d) My need is to be able to extract certain sections of this document
into other documents (for reporting) without losing the correct numbering or
the formatting of the original document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can convert numbers to text in the source document. Press Alt+F11 to
display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate
window. Type

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

Copy text and paste into your target document.

You will probably have to clear the numbering formatting from the pasted
paragraphs (unless you first create a style with the same name but without
numbering in the target document).

Close the source document without saving.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP