Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Default Clean doc of ALL changes, comments

I have a document (Word XP) that was reviewed using Track Changes. I'm
taking care of everything I see in the balloons - dealing with
insertions/deletions/formatting/etc. and deleting every comment as I answer
it in the doc. Sometimes, though, I seem to mouse over text and get
"Inserted by User" with no Change balloon attached. This doc has several
sections and different formats applied directly to the text. Nothing was
input using different Styles.

I will have to pass this revised doc up for acceptance in a few days. How
do I make sure it is absolutely clean of any changes and comments?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

Hi Ed,

hm...

Save as rtf ?
Close ?
Open rtf ?
Save as doc ?

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Reviewing toolbar, click the arrow beside Accept Change and choose
Accept All Changes in Document. Then press the arrow beside Delete Comment
and choose Delete All Comments in Document.

"Ed" wrote in message
I have a document (Word XP) that was reviewed using Track Changes. I'm
taking care of everything I see in the balloons - dealing with
insertions/deletions/formatting/etc. and deleting every comment as I

answer
it in the doc. Sometimes, though, I seem to mouse over text and get
"Inserted by User" with no Change balloon attached. This doc has several
sections and different formats applied directly to the text. Nothing was
input using different Styles.

I will have to pass this revised doc up for acceptance in a few days. How
do I make sure it is absolutely clean of any changes and comments?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Thanks, Suzanne. I appreciate the boost.
Ed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the Reviewing toolbar, click the arrow beside Accept Change and choose
Accept All Changes in Document. Then press the arrow beside Delete Comment
and choose Delete All Comments in Document.

so
all may benefit.

"Ed" wrote in message
I have a document (Word XP) that was reviewed using Track Changes. I'm
taking care of everything I see in the balloons - dealing with
insertions/deletions/formatting/etc. and deleting every comment as I

answer
it in the doc. Sometimes, though, I seem to mouse over text and get
"Inserted by User" with no Change balloon attached. This doc has several
sections and different formats applied directly to the text. Nothing was
input using different Styles.

I will have to pass this revised doc up for acceptance in a few days.
How
do I make sure it is absolutely clean of any changes and comments?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Thanks, Helmut. I appreciate the boost.