Govind

Default mail merge problem

Hi all,
I am new to Microsoft Technologies. I have been facing this problem for the
past 2 weeks. I hope i will get a good solution.
Problem: Whenever i click a mailmerge doc it collects the data from another
..doc or .rtf file (it contains user name,address,...details)which is located
some where, and opens a full detailed document(data from mailmerge doc and
data from .rtf file). As i happen to be new to this i dont know how to
configure this setup and as well as where to setup this path and how to view
these details(path, how to open mailmerge doc, ...)all these things.
I am not able to open the mailmerge doc if there is no .rtf file.
Problem 2: The same situation with .doc file as the source to mail merge
document. When i click this mail merge document i am not able to get the
document with full details. The document contains some tags look like
name, address... By looking this i am able to understand that it is
not able to get the details from the data source.
How to solve this problem? I am sure the data source .doc file is there at
specified location. I checked that .doc which has the details.

Please get back to me with solutions asap.
Thanks and Regards
Govind
Graham Mayor

Obviously you cannot merge a document with a data file that is not present,
but your problem seems to be simply that you are not actually completing the
merge. See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm which
explains the merge process using labels, but the principles are the same.