Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fracturedspoon fracturedspoon is offline

Default E-mail word 2002 with photos, and keep them in place

How does one put photos in a Word Document (Word 2002) and keep them in
place when you E-Mail the document? Mine are either all over the place (in
the return E-Mail) or not sent at all.
I write poems and lyrics (haven't sold any) with photos or clip art images,
to clarify the meaning of a passage or line, but haven't figured out how to
get them to stay put.
Can someone help? I have a newer computer with Vista but am using Word 2002,
which still functions as it did with XP. Just cannot figure out how to do
this one thing. I'm not a computer person... just a user for my writing.

Thanx in advance

Sergeant First Class
Terry Wilcox
US Army, Retired

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The formatting requirements for e-mail (html) and Word documents are
entirely different and largely incompatible. If you want to format a
document for use as the body of an-e-mail message then you should do so in
Web layout view, or better still send them as attachments, preferably in PDF
format.

fracturedspoon wrote:
How does one put photos in a Word Document (Word 2002) and keep them
in place when you E-Mail the document? Mine are either all over the
place (in the return E-Mail) or not sent at all.
I write poems and lyrics (haven't sold any) with photos or clip art
images, to clarify the meaning of a passage or line, but haven't
figured out how to get them to stay put.
Can someone help? I have a newer computer with Vista but am using
Word 2002, which still functions as it did with XP. Just cannot
figure out how to do this one thing. I'm not a computer person...
just a user for my writing.

Thanx in advance

Sergeant First Class
Terry Wilcox
US Army, Retired

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fracturedspoon fracturedspoon is offline

Thanx for the help Mr. Mayor... I was just wondering if my knowledge needed
to be tweeked, or if it was something that was not going to happen. I already
knew to add the document as an attachment... just that a lot of people don't
like to accept or open attachments... I'm one of them.
Sergeant First Class
Terry Wilcox
US Army, Retired