Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
twiddlebee twiddlebee is offline

Default Portuguese language pack ?

Greetings,
I am a proud owner of Office Ultimate 2007 that cost me US679.00 + tax and
my question is; do I need to purchase the Portuguese language pack or is
already included? If so, how do I install it?
Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure what a Language Pack is (or was), but you can set Windows to
work in Portuguese via the Control Panel Regional and Language
Options (it probably hasn't changed much in Vista), and under All
Programs Microsoft Office you should find a "tool" for language
capabilities. (Office 2003 can be set to some languages that Windows
XP doesn't know about, such as Amharic, so I don't know just what that
accomplishes.)

On Jul 12, 10:51 pm, twiddlebee
wrote:
Greetings,
I am a proud owner of Office Ultimate 2007 that cost me US679.00 + tax and
my question is; do I need to purchase the Portuguese language pack or is
already included? If so, how do I install it?
Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The English language edition of Office 2007 includes English, French and Spanish proofing tools, but only the English language User
Interface.

Adding either of the two Portugese Single Language Packs (Portugese or Brazillian Portugese)
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...113691033.aspx
will give you both the proofing tools and the ability to change the Ribbon to that language as well.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP