Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

Default REF fields no preserving formatting

The formatting of my {REF} is set to regular formatting, and the
Macrobutton is BOLD. When the field is updated, the first word is
regular formatting, but the second and consecutive words retains the
formatting of the Macrobutton (BOLD).

Can anyone explain how I can make my field update with regular
formatting?

Here is my script:

Macrobutton:
[name] // bold, Title case, regular text

Field:
{ REF name } // regular, preserve formatting during updates

Sample: (bold shown in caps)
macrobutton:
MR. JOHN SMITH

field:
mr. JOHN SMITH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Toggle the REF field (ALT+F9) remove the Mergeformat switch and replace it
with a Charformat switch. Press F9 to update then Alt+F9 to display the
revised content