Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KiranK KiranK is offline

Default backspace key not working on bullets

I have office 2007 home and student

In my word document I press bullet button in the paragraph part of the
ribbon. A bullet shows up. But then l press backspace because I either dont
need it or I misplaced it, or any other reason. But the backspace does not do
anything, meaning the bullet doesnt go away and the cursor line stays where
it is. I cannot delete bullets at all with backspace even ones that have been
there longer lets say at the beginning of the doc and were created when I
could actually backspace on a bullet.

I did not have this problem ever before. I am a student so I am constantly
using bullets. I recently reformat my computer and when I reinstalled word
using only the Product Key this started happening. Someone told me that it
may be because I didnt use the CD and that I should uninstall and then
install with the word cd and product key, I did that but it still doesnt
work. A tech person at school had me delete the 'normal' file. I think it was
called normal.docm or something like that, she said that it would recreate
itself and maybe the 'normal' layout setting had problems. This didnt fix
anything.

Last week I actually couldnt backspace on text either. Like if i had a
paragraph chunck of text (with no bullets or anything) and if i pressed enter
to send something down a line I couldnt bring it back up afterwards. However,
this problem went away when I played with the ruler at the top I think.

In options 'typing replaces selected text is selected.

Thanks for your help

--
Thanks for the help!
Have a great day

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you use the Bullet button on the ribbon, you're not just
inserting a bullet. You're inserting a paragraph style that happens to
be formatted with bulleting. To get rid of it, either delete the whole
paragraph, or change its Style to something else.

On Oct 27, 5:18*pm, KiranK wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KiranK KiranK is offline

How do I change the style?
Sorry I am not very good with computers, I can only understand the basics.
--
Thanks for the help!
Have a great day