Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GAT_PRA_ENGR GAT_PRA_ENGR is offline

Default How do I insert a pdf file into a WORD file without converting it

Office 2007, trying to insert a pdf file into a WORD file, but WORD wants to
convert it to WORD format or won't insert it at all.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does not have the ability to 'open' a PDF file. If you have Adobe Reader v7 or higher or Acrobat installed you can basically
get a 'picture' of the first page of a PDF file by using
Insert=Object=Create from File.

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GAT_PRA_ENGR[_2_] GAT_PRA_ENGR[_2_] is offline

Default How do I insert a pdf file into a WORD file without converting

Thank you for the input. I seem to remember that in Office 97, you could copy
and paste a pdf file into a WORD file as an image. As you say, now I only get
a picture of the first page of the pdf file. The only way I was able to do
what I want to do is by copying and pasting one page at a time. There must be
a better way.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Word does not have the ability to 'open' a PDF file. If you have Adobe Reader v7 or higher or Acrobat installed you can basically
get a 'picture' of the first page of a PDF file by using
Insert=Object=Create from File.

============
"GAT_PRA_ENGR" wrote in message
Office 2007, trying to insert a pdf file into a WORD file, but WORD wants to
convert it to WORD format or won't insert it at all.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The whole point of PDF is that it is a finished display format. PDF is a
graphical format. Graphics cannot span pages in Word. You can, in as much as
the PDF file will allow, use copy and paste from Adobe Reader, but you would
have to do it one page at a time.

If you want to have it as an editable Word document, you would need a third
party conversion tool or cokpatible OCR software such as PDF2TXT or
Finereader respectively. If you have the full version of Acrobat you can
save as Word document, though how successful it is depends on how the PDF
was created.