Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default caption list not updating after changing document name

Hi ?B?bGNkcnVtbQ==?=,

I'm not sure what the cause is, but my list of captions in the cross
reference dialog box is empty. All of the created caption labels are still
in the drop-down, and all of the captions are still in the document and
numbered properly. Even the previously entered cross-references are still
there. However, I can not add new cross-references because no tables or
figures are available for selection anymore.

Which version of Word?

Your subject line mentions changing a document name. Can you please, very
precisely, describe what you've changed (in Word as well as the document)
prior to it's suddenly not working?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lcdrumm lcdrumm is offline

I'm using MS Word 2007.
The name of the document was "Draft_TM13_110608.doc"
I used 'save as' to create a new version called
"Draft_TM13_111708_trackedrevisions"

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?bGNkcnVtbQ==?=,

I'm not sure what the cause is, but my list of captions in the cross
reference dialog box is empty. All of the created caption labels are still
in the drop-down, and all of the captions are still in the document and
numbered properly. Even the previously entered cross-references are still
there. However, I can not add new cross-references because no tables or
figures are available for selection anymore.

Which version of Word?

Your subject line mentions changing a document name. Can you please, very
precisely, describe what you've changed (in Word as well as the document)
prior to it's suddenly not working?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?bGNkcnVtbQ==?=,

I'm using MS Word 2007.
The name of the document was "Draft_TM13_110608.doc"
I used 'save as' to create a new version called
"Draft_TM13_111708_trackedrevisions"

So, "track changes" is activated in the document? Or it at least contains tracked
changes? If you open the document, save it to a different name (so that you don't
loose any information while testing) then accept/reject all the tracked changes,
do things appear differently?

I'm not sure what the cause is, but my list of captions in the cross
reference dialog box is empty. All of the created caption labels are still
in the drop-down, and all of the captions are still in the document and
numbered properly. Even the previously entered cross-references are still
there. However, I can not add new cross-references because no tables or
figures are available for selection anymore.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)