Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lakeboy lakeboy is offline

Default Word 2003 - will not go back to default printer

I have several printers on my network. My default printer is black & white.
When I go to file-print and select a different printer (like a color
printer), it will print fine.
I can close Word and the next time I go to print, the color printer is the
one it wants to use, even though the black & white is still the default
printer.
How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whenever you change the printer in the Print dialog, it becomes the active
printer in Word for the rest of that Word session unless you change it to
another. When you restart Word, it will again select the Windows default
printer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Lakeboy" wrote in message
I have several printers on my network. My default printer is black & white.
When I go to file-print and select a different printer (like a color
printer), it will print fine.
I can close Word and the next time I go to print, the color printer is the
one it wants to use, even though the black & white is still the default
printer.
How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word may not be closed if you use Word as your e-mail editor for Outlook and
Outlook is still open.
See http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for help in switching printers
and avoiding this issue.