Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Document Map font size out of control

I set my Document Map font to 9-point after some experimentation.
When I do Window-NewWindow, the Document Map font is a lot smaller
the on the first window. I closed the window and zoomed the original
document to 100%, then re-opened a new window. No change. I know
what 9-point is suppose to look like (alot bigger) because I have
Ballon Text and Comment Text set to 9-point (same font shape).

Anyone know of a reason why the Document Map font size would be much
smaller in new windows opened for the same document? I am using Word
2003 in Windows XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

On Dec 1, 11:09*am, Paul wrote:
I set my Document Map font to 9-point after some experimentation.
When I do Window-NewWindow, the Document Map font is a lot smaller
the on the first window. *I closed the window and zoomed the original
document to 100%, then re-opened a new window. *No change. *I know
what 9-point is suppose to look like (alot bigger) because I have
Ballon Text and Comment Text set to 9-point (same font shape).

Anyone know of a reason why the Document Map font size would be much
smaller in new windows opened for the same document? *I am using Word
2003 in Windows XP.

Actually, I can't seem to have the size of the Document Map text be
the same across all windows opened into the same document. Both
documents are at identical zoom (85%), but optimally adjusting the
Document Map font for one window (10-point) makes it too big for the
other, and optimally adjusting it for the other window (9-point) makes
it too small for the first window.

Strange.