Melanie Pierluigi Melanie Pierluigi is offline
Junior Member

Default How to remove small grey arrows at the end of each line

I just downloaded Microsoft office 2007 and when I opened up a word document, there were grey arrows all over the place (at the end of each line)

How do I remove them? I've tried to click on show/hide editing marks but nothing happens and under 'page layout', the 'text wrapping' option is grayed out so I cannot click on that either. How do I get rid of these arrows?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try "Show/Hide Hidden Characters," which isn't so easy to get at? The keyboard shortcut for it is Ctrl-Shift-8.

Are those gray arrows right-angled? Then they indicate manual line-breaks (made with Shift-Enter). If you didn't type them, is this text pasted in from
a web site or a pdf or something like that?

--
Melanie Pierluigi