Mark

Default Autofit table in Word 2002 with cut and paste from Excel

I am trying to cut and paste a table from an Excel 2002 spreadsheet to a
Word 2002 document. The spreadsheet is 25 columns. The Word document is in
Portrait orientation. Understandably, when I cut and paste the spreadsheet,
it runs off the page. However, when I hit Table + Autofit + Autofit to
Window, it continues to run off the page. I have tried to shrink the font
size, but it continues to run off the table. Is there a quick way to fit
the table without manually adjusting each column width?

The Word document is about 300 pages long, so I do not want to change the
orientation to landscape because I will have to create a section break.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Mark,

I am trying to cut and paste a table from an Excel 2002 spreadsheet to a
Word 2002 document. The spreadsheet is 25 columns. The Word document is in
Portrait orientation. Understandably, when I cut and paste the spreadsheet,
it runs off the page. However, when I hit Table + Autofit + Autofit to
Window, it continues to run off the page. I have tried to shrink the font
size, but it continues to run off the table. Is there a quick way to fit
the table without manually adjusting each column width?

You might try selecting the entire table, then setting a single (very narrow)
column width for ALL columns, to pull them all onto the page. Then AutoFit to
Window might work to fill out the page to the margins.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)