Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lilkyla

Default Limiting extra lines in Forms

Is there a way to keep users from hitting the enter key and adding additional
lines to forms?

I want them to only be able to fill out the form fields with a set number of
characters but I can not find a way to disallow them to hit the enter key in
those form fields. You used to be able to do this in the older versions of
Word.

By the way, I am using Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can put the form field in a table cell with Exact height. Or see €œWD:
How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form€
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

"lilkyla" wrote in message
Is there a way to keep users from hitting the enter key and adding

additional
lines to forms?

I want them to only be able to fill out the form fields with a set number

of
characters but I can not find a way to disallow them to hit the enter key

in
those form fields. You used to be able to do this in the older versions

of
Word.

By the way, I am using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

The Enter key hasn't been tied to form field navigation since Word 95.
:-)

The best way to do what you want is to use borderless Word tables and
set the row height to an exact measurement. This doesn't prevent them
from pressing Enter but doing so will not add extra space.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/