Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jesfine jesfine is offline

Default How do I remove attached envelopes?

I placed an envelope in a Word document to facilitate sending the document.
Now, I want to keep the document, but not the envelope. How do I delete it?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
josef klus josef klus is offline

"jesfine" wrote in message
I placed an envelope in a Word document to facilitate sending the

document.
Now, I want to keep the document, but not the envelope. How do I delete

it?
Thank you

Is this the same in Word Mac, when I delete as above my WHOLE formatted
document loses its formatting and turns into the envelope format! How do I
get rid of this envelope and keep my normal document format, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This should not happen if you included the section break. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm

"josef klus" josef wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the envelope, including the section break between it and the
letter
(this is more easily done in Normal view), and press Delete.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"jesfine" wrote in message
I placed an envelope in a Word document to facilitate sending the

document.
Now, I want to keep the document, but not the envelope. How do I delete

it?
Thank you

Is this the same in Word Mac, when I delete as above my WHOLE formatted
document loses its formatting and turns into the envelope format! How do I
get rid of this envelope and keep my normal document format, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
josef klus[_2_] josef klus[_2_] is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This should not happen if you included the section break. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm

Hi, Suzanne. I think I managed to do this. (My situation was the reverse of
the URL, Word places an enveloe I don't want at the end of my document--not
before--and when I delete it, the letter become envelope format.

Now that I cleared that up, though, I have an 'extra' page beyond my letter
where the envelope was. I try the same technique to delete it. Now instead of
just removing the page and leaving the letter the way I like it; it changes
the format and spacing and paragraphs at the end of the letter, and sometimes
causes some text to jump down onto the new extra page. Very frustrating, very
un-wysiwyg. Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, you need to use the instructions for removing the letter and
keeping the envelope since the situation is analogous: you want to keep the
first section, which in this case is the letter rather than the envelope.
What version of Word is that that places the envelope at the end?

"josef klus" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
josef klus[_2_] josef klus[_2_] is offline

Mac 2004.
I appreciate the reply, but think I am beyond help. The more I reformat the
whole doc and delete the last section breaks the worse it gets. I have 3
columns of text followed by 2 graphs with wrap text. It all fits nicely on
one page, but a blank page following. When I cut that page the graphs and
wrap text and footnotes jump to a new page. When I take out the section
breaks, then the columns in front of it jump to one column per page. Now I've
played with my doc so many times, I cannot get the graphs, etc. back to the
one page they started on.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In that case, you need to use the instructions for removing the letter and
keeping the envelope since the situation is analogous: you want to keep the
first section, which in this case is the letter rather than the envelope.
What version of Word is that that places the envelope at the end?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
josef klus[_2_] josef klus[_2_] is offline

Okay... after several attempts at dragging, cutting, deleting, reformatting
the return after columns, I got something that stays on one page. I just wish
Word wouldn't do all this extra auto formatting with a mind of its own, that
I have to spend days trying to correct to get back to wysiwyg wanted. Thanks,
Suzanne, for your advice.

"josef klus" wrote:

Mac 2004.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement