Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
deb deb is offline

Default line spacing pts

I need to convert line spacing pts to mm. My client wants 8 mm between
sentences and 13 mm above a subheader and 8 mm below a subheader and I'm not
sure what that converts to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:41:03 -0800, deb
wrote:

I need to convert line spacing pts to mm. My client wants 8 mm between
sentences and 13 mm above a subheader and 8 mm below a subheader and I'm not
sure what that converts to.

You don't really have to do the conversion yourself -- that's what
computers are good at. Just type your measurements into the box in the
Paragraph dialog. If you type 8mm or 13mm in the box and click OK,
Word will translate for you. When you reopen the dialog, you'll find
the equivalent number of points there.

If you really want to know, there are 72 points per inch, or
approximately 2.83 points per millimeter. So the 8 mm space is 22.7
points, and the 13 mm space is 36.85 points. But let the computer do
the work!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman