Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Oliver Bettermann Oliver Bettermann is offline

Default Proofing Tools in Word 2003 Prof.!

Hello,

I'm a german guy, so there could be a few mistakes, but i hope it isn't
getting too bad. my problem is the following:

I have office 2003 prof. (engl. version) installed (xp prof. is german, like
the whole system!), and now every time i open an already written document a
message appears: "Cannot find proofing tools for german...". My question is
now, if there's any way to avoid this message. i don't have this proofing
tools and also don't want to buy them. I just want to turn it off. is that
possible??

Thanks for the help,

Oliver Bettermann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Tools | Options, Spelling & Grammar tab, clear the "Check spelling
as you type" and the "Check grammar as you type" options. Does that
help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Oliver Bettermann" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm a german guy, so there could be a few mistakes, but i hope it

isn't
getting too bad. my problem is the following:

I have office 2003 prof. (engl. version) installed (xp prof. is

german, like
the whole system!), and now every time i open an already written

document a
message appears: "Cannot find proofing tools for german...". My

question is
now, if there's any way to avoid this message. i don't have this

proofing
tools and also don't want to buy them. I just want to turn it off.

is that
possible??

Thanks for the help,

Oliver Bettermann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In Tools | Options, Spelling & Grammar tab, clear the "Check spelling
as you type" and the "Check grammar as you type" options. Does that
help?

Hey Mr. Blom,

thanks for the fast respond. unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem. i
already tried this myself, but this doesn't work :-(!

i don't know if it's important, but the grammer check boxes are inactive, so
i can't change anything there.

i hope you have some other ideas.
regards,

Oliver Bettermann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Oliver Bettermann Oliver Bettermann is offline

Hello again,

I just wanted to say, that i found out what the problem was causing. tools
- options - spelling&grammer - at the bottom: use german post-reform rules
(!!!). so everything is fine again now.
thanks for the help and a nice evening,

Oliver Bettermann