Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ColG ColG is offline

Default Problem printing embedded Excel tables in Word

I have copied a small table from Excel into Word using copy and paste
special. It looks fine on screen but when I print the Word document the table
prints in black and white and not in colour as it should. I have tried all of
the paste special options and none seem to make any difference. I am using
Word 2002.
Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If the table is actually embedded and not linked, I don't see how Excel
settings could affect it, but check the print settings of the Excel sheet it
was taken from (File | Page Setup | Sheet: Black and white?).

"ColG" wrote in message
I have copied a small table from Excel into Word using copy and paste
special. It looks fine on screen but when I print the Word document the

table
prints in black and white and not in colour as it should. I have tried all

of
the paste special options and none seem to make any difference. I am using
Word 2002.
Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Steve is offline

I am having a similar problem, only with Word 2007. I have a table embedded
into Word from Excel and it prints in all black. I'm not paying Bill Gates
$250 to answer this question, please any help would be greatful.

Steve

"ColG" wrote:

I have copied a small table from Excel into Word using copy and paste
special. It looks fine on screen but when I print the Word document the table
prints in black and white and not in colour as it should. I have tried all of
the paste special options and none seem to make any difference. I am using
Word 2002.
Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

As I understand it, this can result from a setting in Excel. Go to File |
Page Setup. On the Sheet tab, make sure that "Black and white" (or "Draft
quality") is not checked.

"ColG" wrote:

I have copied a small table from Excel into Word using copy and paste
special. It looks fine on screen but when I print the Word document the

table
prints in black and white and not in colour as it should. I have tried

all of
the paste special options and none seem to make any difference. I am

using
Word 2002.
Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Steve is offline

I have the problem when I adjust a table form a previous version of Word. My
associate has Word 2003 and have Word 2007. When we transfer files between
each other and I adjust the table in the file, it comes out black. I do
appreciate the help you have given.