Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Root Larry Root is offline

Default TOA -- cannot edit selected text for long cite in 2002 SP3

I've edited my catagroies so that "9" is labeled "D.C. Circuit Cases." But
the same problem occurs whether I've edited them or not.

I then:
select "Insert/reference/table/TOA/ mark citiation.
press find next cite.
select the full citation:

Spagnola v. Mathis, 859 F.2d 223, 227-28 (D.C.Cir 1988)

click in the selected text box.
When I try to edit the text , I can add text, but the deletions DO NOT SHOW
in the selected text box. (But, if I delete text that I've added, that
shows.) Using the cursor, and delete button, I deleted ", 227-28" but it
remains in view.
Nothing appears in the long citation box.
I edit the short citation and click on mark all.
The following field is inserted:

{ TA \1 "Spagnola v. Mathis, 859 F.2d 223 (D.C.Cir 1988)" \s "Spagnola, 859
F.2d" \c 9 }

But, if I encounter another full citation format of that case, it does not
come up with the existing entry.

How do I get the edits to display in the selected text box?
How do I get the long citation to show?

Is there a good article on TOAs?

Thank you for any suggestions or advice you can offer.
Very respectfully,
Larry