Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jules of the Files Jules of the Files is offline

Default Page Numbering

I am trying to number a document, but the first 5 pages (the cover, the table
of contents, etc) don't need to be numbered. I want to start numbering on
page 6. I have read the help instructions, where it says to put in section
breaks and I have tried that. It keeps numbering the first 5 pages and then
starts numbering on page 6, which is what I want, but if I go back to the
first 5 pages and remove the page number, it removes it through out the
entire document. Any advise would be helpful.

--
Jules
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You need to unlink the header/footer in the second section of the document
from that in the first section. There is a button for that on the Headers
and Footers toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.