Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
woodyr6 woodyr6 is offline

Default how do I stop Word trying to auto complete dates?

I am using Word 2007 and like the previous versions when you start to type a
date, Word recognizes this and tries to help. It drives me mad as it is
never in the format I want.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The suggested format should reflect the regional settings of your computer,
but (if I remember correctly) this is not working correctly with some
language versions.

To turn off AutoComplete in Word 2007, use this macro:

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = False

You can run the macro via the Immediate window of the Visual Basic Editor
(press Alt+F11, Ctrl+G); just type the command as shown above and press
Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"woodyr6" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 and like the previous versions when you start to type
date, Word recognizes this and tries to help. It drives me mad as it is
never in the format I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
woodyr6 woodyr6 is offline

I don't want to turn off auto complete, completely - just the element that
insists on trying to finish your dates!!

"woodyr6" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 and like the previous versions when you start to type
date, Word recognizes this and tries to help. It drives me mad as it is
never in the format I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, in Word 2007, AutoComplete is available only for dates. Note that
turning it off won't affect AutoCorrect (that's a different setting).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news